My followers

woensdag 25 januari 2012

Hat 8180 Gardner Gun and Crew

This was my contribution for the 30th Painting Competition on Benno's Figures Forum. Normally I wasn't in but because Benno needed just one entry to fill a gap, I've sended this in. I didn't have great expectations because these are just some painted figures, unbased and not on a vignette or diorama. And my feeling came out. Out in the first round; and out in the second runner up round. But so far about the competition.

The set itself painted up very well. It's made from soft plastic, so it was easy to remove the little flash that was on them. The plastic didn't make it easy to assemble the gun, as you can see on the ammonution on it. When I do the next one I'll do a little more cutting, so it would fit better. A review of this set can be read, as allways, on Plastic Soldier Review. You can find it here.



One thing I would like to mention is that I have this set from Paul from Paul's Bods. We've been swapping these colonial sets, just to get them all, but without the need buying all the sets. He buys and I buy a few, and it works very good. Thanks Paul!

And now the pictures:


 


















Hope you like them!

Currently painting: Benno's Figures Forum 31th Painting Competition Contribution

Currently reading: Robyn Young's Insurrection

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

23 opmerkingen:

  1. I didn´t guess these were yours..I thought another one was...more about that later.
    It´s a pig trying to get the ammo tray to stick on top of the gun isn´t it!!!! I pinned mine eventually..silly non stick rubber :-D
    I see you went for the "Wingate and Travis" colour scheme as on the box..I might do the "Carrington and Stoves" pattern next time...
    Cheers
    paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hey Paul. I'm wondering who you think it was. Just let me know. And yes I used the box art as example for the uniforms.

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  2. very nice! how are you going to base them? diorama? wargames base?
    cheers Sander

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hey Sander. Plan is to use them in a bigger diorama. But that isn't for the near future. Need to paint more figures for that.

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  3. Lovely. And I know what you mean about assembling soft plastic guns!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Now I know it to Tim.

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  4. Thank you all for the nice comments guys! I like that new toy to answer the seperate posts ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. You did well and soft plastic can be a nightmare, well for me anyway....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks for the support Fran!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  6. Excellent work Peter; funnily enough I've got some naval brigade on the bench that need to be started and this might just prove to be the inspiration I need to start painting them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Michael! Looking forward to your painted naval brigade!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  7. Good work Peter!
    Like Paul, never thought that it was your own work!!
    I'm accustomed with some nice base and background picture....
    The painting art is perfect!
    Soft plastic??? beurk!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. As said it was a late time decision, so I didn't have time to base them and search for a decent background. Thanks Pascal!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  8. Hat plastic...love to paint it.hate the crappiness of it.They have a great selection though... i prattle on.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hat has a great selection indeed. And your right about the soft plastic!

      Oh and welcome on my blog! I found your blog and signed in as follower!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  9. As told on Benno's, a splendit paint job!
    I wounder what big diorama this will become, good luck my friend ;-)

    Remco
    sjemco.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Wow!! These are superb, well done Peter!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hat figures are great. These turned out excellent!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen